On Facebook.. i was looking at my note section, a my cousin posted a note back in 2011. and it reads:
By 30, A WOMAN SHOULD HAVE …
• Enough money within her control to move out and rent a place of her own, even if she never wants to or needs to
• Something perfect to wear if the employer, or date of her dreams wants to see her in an hour
• A youth she’s content to leave behind
• A past juicy enough that she’s looking forward to retelling it in her old age
• A set of screwdrivers, a cordless drill, and a black lace bra
• One friend who always makes her laugh … and one who lets her cry
• A good piece of furniture not previously owned by anyone else in her family
• Eight matching plates, wine glasses with stems, and a recipe for a meal, that will make her guests feel honored
• A feeling of control over her destiny.
• One old boyfriend you can imagine going back to, and one who reminds you of how far you’ve come
• Something ridiculously expensive that you bought for yourself, just because you deserve it.
• The belief that you deserve it.
BY 30, EVERY WOMAN SHOULD KNOW …
• How to fall in love without losing herself
• How to quit a job, break up with a lover, and confront a friend without ruining the friendship
• When to try harder … and when to walk away
• That she can’t change the length of her calves, the width of her hips, or the nature of her parents
• That her childhood may not have been perfect … but it’s over
• What she would and wouldn’t do for love
• How to kiss in a way that communicates perfectly what you would and wouldn’t like to happen next.
• How to live alone … even if she doesn’t like it
• Whom she can trust, whom she can’t, and why she shouldn’t take it personally
• Where to go (be it to her best friend’s kitchen table, or a charming inn in the woods) when her soul needs soothing
• What you would and wouldn’t do for money or love.
• That nobody gets away with smoking, drinking, doing drugs or not flossing for very long.
• Not to apologize for something that isn’t your fault.
• What she can and can’t accomplish in a day … a month … and a year