Its only so much you can do to help motivate someone.. Sometimes you have to stop and let the chips fall where they may.. Here are a few tips on how to be self- Motivated when you can only depend on you.
My 8 Steps
Here is a new list that is a little more generic:
- 1. Start simple. Keep motivators around your work area – things that give you that initial spark to get going.
- 2. Keep good company. Make more regular encounters with positive and motivated people. This could be as simple as IM chats with peers or a quick discussion with a friend who likes sharing ideas.
- 3. Keep learning. Read and try to take in everything you can. The more you learn, the more confident you become in starting projects.
- 4. Stay Positive. See the good in bad. When encountering obstacles, you want to be in the habit of finding what works to get over them.
- 5. Stop thinking. Just do. If you find motivation for a particular project lacking, try getting started on something else. Something trivial even, then you’ll develop the momentum to begin the more important stuff.
- 6. Know yourself. Keep notes on when your motivation sucks and when you feel like a superstar. There will be a pattern that, once you are aware of, you can work around and develop.
- 7. Track your progress. Keep a tally or a progress bar for ongoing projects. When you see something growing you will always want to nurture it.
- 8. Help others. Share your ideas and help friends get motivated. Seeing others do well will motivate you to do the same. Write about your success and get feedback from readers.